GENERAL CONDITIONS MUNDO ANTIGUO TOURS
This document counts as an agreement. Mundo Antiguo Tours is obligated to send it to a client before accepting a reservation. By reserving a program the client automatically accepts the general conditions of Mundo Antiguo Tours.
Mundo Antiguo Tours is obligated to provide the reserved service in conformity with the information that was sent before the reservation to the client. In case of complaints that cannot be solved satisfactory, the client can present his complaint with the therefore authorized Peruvian authorities.
A) UNEXPECTED CIRCUNSTANCES
1. We reject any responsibility in case of unexpected or uncontrollable circumstances or in case of incidents that concern the responsibility of the client. Furthermore, we are not responsible for delays or cancellations of flights or from any other means of transport that influence the further program of the client.
2. We reserve the right to cancel or modify any program due to unexpected or uncontrollable circumstances (for example: climatic circumstances, affairs in the internal political situation, wars, strikes, natural disasters or other excesses) that makes it impossible to complete with the clients program or to guarantee the safety of our staff and / or the client.
3. We reject any responsibility in case of extraordinary situations that have to do with the clients’ safety and that can lead to personal injuries, loss or theft of personal belongings, or other consequences, caused by actions, illegitimate behaviour or neglect of the client himself.
4. We reserve the right to cancel any program due to the clients’ bad health or physical condition.
5. Loss, because of cancellations due to the above-described incidents cannot be compensated when the client can be blamed for the incident (for example: neglect, illegitimate behaviour, or the clients’ bad health).
When the client cannot be blamed for the above-described incidents, the loss (due to for example: climatic circumstances, natural disasters, strikes or wars) will be compensated as far reasonably possible by Mundo Antiguo Tours. The loss compensated by Mundo Antiguo Tours cannot be more than 80% of the total costs of the service reserved with Mundo Antiguo Tours. In case of reservations made by Mundo Antiguo Tours with third parties (for example: transport companies, hotels, the Inca Trail or any other excursion to Machu Picchu), restitution of the costs will depend on the general conditions of this third party.
The possible extra costs made in case of modifications of the program due to the above-described incidents, will always be charged to the client. We will only modify the program after receiving the clients’ approval by letter and the possible extra payment. Mundo Antiguo Tours reserves the right to cancel the program without the possibility of restitution, when the client doesn’t approve with the suggested modification.
6. We reserve the right to occasionally collaborate with other operators in case we do not have the personal to operate the tour ourselves. The client will always be notified in advance.
7. We reject any responsibility in case of incorrect information provided by third parties, regarding our services or prices.
B) BEFORE YOUR JOURNEY
1. We recommend reserving your program at least 4 months in advance. We recommend reserving the Inca Trail as far in advance as possible.
2. The client needs to have the necessary visas and passports, that means: all the documents that are required by the authorized authorities of the countries to be visited. In case of any doubts the client has to contact the embassy of his country in the countries he wants to visit.
It’s the responsibility of the client himself to correctly provide us of all his personal information, including his passport number. The client will pay the extra costs due to incorrect or incomplete information.
3. The client must have all the vaccinations and all the medicines with him that he needs for a good health and may not take any health risks before or during his journey.
4. The client must have a travel and a health insurance. In case of the clients’ participation in sports or activities subscribed as ‘dangerous’ (for example: paragliding, rafting, mountain biking, mountaineering), the client must have an insurance that covers these activities. We can ask the client to demonstrate his insurance before his participation in those activities. We fully reject any responsibility in case of incidents or injuries in those sports and activities; the client takes the full responsibility. When something (for example: illness or injury) happens to the client, Mundo Antiguo Tours will undertake every possible action on behalf of the clients’ safety and good health, but the costs of this will be completely paid by the client.
Our prices are in USD $ (American dollars) and are without preceding notification variable: due to season, availability, or changes in the exchange rates of dollar, euro, boliviano or sol. At the moment of reservation all prices will be finally confirmed and cannot be changed anymore. All the in the programs specified services are included in the prices.
D) RESERVATIONS AND PAYMENT
1. We accept written reservations to our email, together with a prepayment of at least 30% of the total price, deposited in the hereunder-mentioned bank account.
2. After receiving the reservation and the prepayment of at least 30%, we’ll send the client a confirmation of the program, a prove of payment and supplementary information.
3. At least a month before the start of the program, we need to have received the 100% payment. The money must be deposited in the hereunder-mentioned bank account. The client must pay the costs of the international bank transfer (both the costs charged by the clients’ bank as the costs charged by ours). In case of not receiving the payment (on time), we reserve the right to cancel the reservation. We will notify the client as soon as possible.
4. All payments must be done to:
Mundo Antiguo Tours E.I.R.L.
Banco Continental Perú
Account in American dollars: 0011-0200-0100077369-35
BIC CODE: BCONPEPLXXX
5. The total price of last-moment reservations (less than 31 days before the start of the program) must me remitted by Western Union. We only can reserve the program after receiving the 100% payment.
1. When the client decides to cancel his program, a possible, partial restitution of the costs will depend on the decisions made by Mundo Antiguo Tours, based on the criterions below.
2. From the prepayment of 30% a maximum of 20% can be restituted. In case of reservations that Mundo Antiguo Tours made with third parties (for example: transport companies, hotels, the Inca Trail, or any excursion to Machu Picchu) and that are already prepaid, restitution depends on the conditions of this third party.
3. From the total payment a maximum of 50% van be restituted. In case of reservations that Mundo Antiguo Tours made with third parties (for example: transport companies, hotels, the Inca Trail, or any excursion to Machu Picchu) and that are already prepaid, restitution depends on the conditions of this third party.
4. In case of a group-journey: the extra costs for the other travellers resulting from the cancellation will be recharged on the amount, available for restitution.
5. Exceptional circumstances
In case of cancellations due to serious and provable illness or because of other serious circumstances, the client has to respect the following rules:
a. Cancellations will only be accepted if written.
b. In case of illness of the client or a clients’ first grade family member, the client has to present a written medical statement in English, which will be evaluated by a physician of Mundo Antiguo Tours.
c. Mundo Antiguo Tours will evaluate the situation together with the client and consider a partial restitution.
6. A client who voluntary passes over an activity during his program cannot claim restitution.
F) MODIFICATIONS OF THE PROGRAM
The client will be charged $ 30 administration costs for any modification in an already reserved program. Modifications will depend on availability and possible extra costs (for example: a change of flight, extra overnight stays) will always be paid by the client.
G) DAMAGE, CAUSED BY THE CLIENT
The client is obligated to comply with all the indications of Mundo Antiguo Tours to guarantee a good journey. We reject any responsibility in any case of material or personal damage due to actions, illegitimate behaviour or neglect of our clients. All compensations and costs, also those claimed by third parties, would be completely paid by the client, who furthermore will take the full responsibility for the damage caused. Moreover, we reserve the right to cancel the rest of the program in extraordinary cases.
H) NOT-CONSIDERED SITUATIONS
In case of an extraordinary situation not considered in this document, of which both sides cannot reach an agreement, we will present the issue to the administrative and judicial authorities in Cusco, Peru. Copyright 2008 - Mundo Antiguo Tours